Why storytelling, life-inspired photography matters, and why you should say goodbye to forced smiles and poses.
When was the last time you looked back at those old pictures in your albums, your parent’s albums or even your grandparent’s albums? What emotions are evoked when you see those old pictures? Was it the staging and the perfect outfits? Or was it the memories, the laughter, the tears, the moments with those who have now passed? It’s always your choice when it comes to hiring a photographer so that you can love the end result. But how does one go about choosing in a market that is completely saturated with photographers?
Everyone wants beautiful pictures of their children’s and family’s memories. It’s one of those things you will have to look back on with your moments that are gone. I love creating beautiful images that show the connection between you and those you love. I aim to help you feel relaxed and at ease during your session and I don’t believe in stiff posing or awkwardness but seek to capture the natural moments that happen throughout your day. Not only will you be pleased with your images, but you will have fun during your session and will look back with fond memories in the future.
Unfortunately, there are countless photographers out there and it can be overwhelming as to which one you should hire. So, if you want to make that decision easier, follow these steps below.
- Are you happy with the work you have seen here on this website? Browse through the images and see if they resonate with you. My style is relaxed and natural so you won’t see staging. Life is full and real and you want your images to display that.
- Do you want memories or pictures? Meaning, when you see your images hanging on your wall, do you want to look at them with fondness or frustration? Do you want to remember the conversation and interaction that happened during the session or do you want to remember how you had to bribe your child and fake a smile when the shutter was pressed? I know which one I would choose.
- Tell me about you. Tell me about your family. I want to get to know you before we ever get together for your session. Your likes and dislikes.
- If you are still unsure, let’s connect. You can call me, email me or we can meet for coffee. I want you to feel comfortable with me as your photographer and I want to answer any questions you may have.
- Make your decision to work with me. I promise you won’t regret it! I love people and making new friends and I love children. I have four of my own and know how each one, at times, can be a little stinker. Nothing will shock or surprise me. Patience is my middle name. 😉
If you would like to work with me, please click on the tab marked “hire me.” I can’t wait to work with you! It’s going to be so much fun!